Wedding season is coming and that means bridal portraits! Many times I have brides come to me asking where they should take their bridal portraits. Usually, bridal portraits are on the day of the wedding but sometimes there isn’t enough time. Charlotte NC has some amazing locations. This list of 10 Bridal Locations are some of my favorite places to shoot in.
1) Duke Mansion is a wedding venue that I haven’t visited yet but I am dying to. This place is simply beautiful. Its gorgeous wrap around porch and immaculate gardens are a must see. Inside there is a room with black and white tiles and plenty of sunlight.
2) The Bottle Factory, in Monroe NC, is a quaint place with beautiful finishes. I just shot a wedding there. During the day, the natural light floods in and shows the true charm of this venue. This old Coke bottle factory has amazing rustic charm. I took the bridal session below at the Bottle Factory. Visit the Bottle Factory website for more information.
3) Separk Mansion in Gastonia has several gorgeous rooms and plenty of natural light. It is romantic and modern at the same time and the staff there is so nice. I haven’t shot a wedding there yet but I did do a fashion session seen here. It is my favorite location at the moment because it is so versatile.
4) Dairy Barn is in Fort Mill, SC and is seen here on the Style Me Pretty blog. Smitten Photography did an excellent job capturing the wedding that is seen there. The rustic barn is so graphic and beautiful. There are several beautiful spots to shoot there. This is another place that I have gone to but I haven’t shot here yet. Any takers? 🙂
5) The Mint Museum is perfect for the artist girls that want something unique. From my understanding, there are two locations. Here is another Style Me Pretty Blog featuring photographer Kristin Vining.
6) The Peach trees in Fort Mill, SC. They are undergoing changes so I’ll have to visit the place again. There are rows and rows of peach blossoms that are only open at the beginning of April. Once the blossoms fall off, they are normal trees. In the summer, the trees have peaches.
7) The Green in Uptown Charlotte offers a beautiful natural backdrop for many folks. In the fall, the foliage is vibrant and is perfect for those fall weddings. The Green is also perfect for those brides that are looking for classy uptown images. The Belcher Museum and Duke Buildings are in the distance and make for some unique portraits.
8) Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden has both indoor and outdoor options making this a perfect location back up if the weather is bad. The garden does have a fee and you must schedule your session.
9) Ritz Carlton is in uptown Charlotte and is beautiful and classy. If you are looking for something a little more glamorous and modern, this location is perfect. I am unsure if there is a fee to use this location. Come back in a few weeks and I will have this information updated. Visit the Ritz Carlton website for more wedding information
10) Any bridal shops around here. These shops are a perfect place to document your dress and you as a bride. Some of the shops around here are full of natural light and have the prettiest backdrops.
*Note: I’ve had several folks ask me if there are fees associated with these locations. A couple of them do and I will do the research and post my findings in another blog post. Most fees range from $100-450 for a few hours.
Are you or anyone you know a bride in Charlotte, NC? Share this with them!